In my youth group I often admonish my kids to not be Christian frauds (Christians that live any way Monday-Saturday but run the aisles on Sunday). They often laugh when I say it but everyday I find it more and more true!
In this new year I’ve been reminded that living BOLDLY for Christ is a “major key” to borrow a popular saying. Knowing who you are in Christ and what he expects from you will help make better decisions not only in 2016 but also, for the rest of you life.
In Matthew 5:1-12 (please feel free to take a read) Jesus renders a sermon on the mount called the Beatitudes, meaning supreme blessedness. This year I’ve determined to take the life of Christ as my example in responding to every situation, good or bad. I have a lot of really exciting things happening this year and I want to lay a foundation of love, joy, and peace with everyone and everything around me so that everything I do will be birthed out of positive energy and love.
I have examined each of what I like to describe as the Be-Attitudes that Christ left for us as his children to follow and tried to make them understandable and applicable. The world we live in is really sad. Anywhere we can find hope and love I try to cling to and whether you believe in the gospel of Christ or not these things are relevant simply because they focus on developing the best version of self. Please read and share. Let’s make 2016 the best year yet!
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit”…humble yourself. We all need God.
- “Blessed are they that mourn”…..Repent and mourn the loss of who were; be comforted that the comforter, Jesus, has come to reconnect to you every step of the way.
- “Blessed are the meek “; don’t fight every battle. Exercise self control and know God has your back….like a backpack (insider)
- “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness”….Seek God like never before because the times we live in require nothing less. Crave the will of God for your life because he created you…so he knows whats best for you.
- “Blessed are the merciful”…..be a nice human. Remember nobody is perfect.
- “Blessed are the pure in heart”…..be nice, say nice things, and think nice things about people and nice things will happen for you and to you. Be real about who you are and your intentions about EVERYTHING
- “Blessed are the peacemakers”…..go out of your way to do thing right thing, because its the right thing to do
- ‘Blessed are they which are persecuted f0r righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”….if you aint got haters you aint poppin! Simply put. Everyone like you or what you believe or stand for but just rest assured if you suffer for the cause of Christ you will reign with him.
- “Blessed are you when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake”….Love your haters…seriously. They come to strengthen your faith and test the truth of your relationship with God
MY Directive: The point is to point every man to Christ, so represent him well and (Be) loving.